Thursday, September 1

Dead Frontier


I stumbled across this in browser  zombie MMO RPG i think via a face book add, and am pleasantly surprised( considering face book adds are shit!)
You start off by selecting your characters looks, gender and profession, each profession has advantages and disadvantages. The athlete has greater stamina so can run for longer, the soldier has higher weapons skills and starts with a SMG, the fireman have a high immunity to fire and starts with a axe. stuff like that. I chose a police man which gave me higher shot gun skills and pistol training and meant i started with a shotgun.
Once you finish your character creation you start in the outpost. Which is a screen from were you can deposit money, get new equipment and  other such things. You can also head out into the city were the real fun starts.
When you head out into the city the game play is similar to some thing like dead nation or alien swarm. A basic top down shooter.
as seen here
 In game if you want to open your map( you also have a mini map in the corner of your screen)  or inventory rather then just making you invaulrable or letting the zombies kill you as you stand there you have 10 seconds between you pressing the open button and it actually opening so you can’t just use it if your being mobbed by zombies. Once its open tho your character is set to AFK and is invaulrable while the menu is open.
There are many different types of zombies in the game ( most I haven’t met yet ) but the one I had trouble with was a flaming zombie. As I am a very low level at the moment( and maybe because I only played it yesterday) I don’t yet have the money to buy any guns that can take it down. Basically it is a fast zombie that is on fire, supposedly for some reason the fire causes the virus to repair damaged cells ( according 2 the wikia) so with my limited ammo and crappy guns I generally try to avoid places with it.
 From what little I have played of the game it seems interesting. I will keep playing for a bit and see but I simply must explore some more of the Huge map( seriously it is BIG). it is here http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110127194405/deadfrontier/images/6/6c/Krnellmap.png
Check it out here : deadfrontier.com

cleft out

1 comment:

  1. i tried it, never liked it. Do not compare it with any zombie FPS, it is a completely different experience, and a worse one in my case. If someone was to make a Dead Island + Left 4 Dead + some cases from Dead frontier and turn it into an MMO, then that will be.... :D

    ReplyDelete