Thursday, May 31

My Friends, it has been a long time!

Hello everyone, its good to be back, even for this short while.

Last time we meet, I was waving goodbye about how intense the next year was going to be, how I would study Like I meant it, how I would go all out so I could get good grades then come back to gaming, anime, manga and steam near the end of the year… Well, I just finished my mid-Year exams yesterday. So I think Im allowed a good break or so, (and if the earlier post a few days ago wasn't an obvious hint) and Ive come back for a little while with a HUGE JUICY post on what has happened since I left, gaming and animation related, so sit back, enjoy and read this (hopefully not too big, but I feel it is needed to make up for everything I’ve missed out on)

"Im Back, baby" 

Starting off, Lets look at some gaming!

I’ll admit Ive managed to fit a few hours for games on the slim weekend; usually it was battlefield 3, but not anymore. My love for battlefield has slowly been leaving me, it seems with the ridiculously patches and consistent problems with origin and battlelog are getting to me. Its only fun with friends and even then It was no match to my beloved bad company 2, which was exciting and so much more enjoyable. (one example is how it felt like an adventure every time I played rush… unlike battlefield 3 which makes it seems like a chore). And with this new battlefield premium service coming, I think the last ship is about to set sale. I don’t hate battlefield, it just seems I don’t love it as much as I used to.


So what can possibly fill the void for this game? Ive looked and BAM, it hit me in the head, it was so obvious before, why didn’t I see it......… ARMA!!!!. It’s the most realistic war simulator out there, and if you know me, I LOVE THAT. I don’t know why I didn’t see this before, maybe my battlefield fanboyism blinded me. But with ARMA 3 coming out soon, and how EPIC it looks (FREAKING SUCBA DIVING MAN). This might turn into my next main military FPS, as BF and COD don’t seem as good anymore.

I still cant believe I couldn't see how awesome this game looked before

And continuing the discussion of games… and ARMA… Did I ever tell you guys about that dream I have for a real zombie survival game, which revolves around barley staying alive, with about 50 other players in a large world with zombies everywhere in which you can decide to team up with others or kill each other…Well, In the recent trend… I think I’ve finally found this. It’s called DAY Z, an Arma 2 Mod which looks amazing, not only was I thinking of getting into arma, but GETTING TO PLAY DAY Z IS A REASON TO BUY ARMA. I mean, I could go all on about how this fits the bill for my sought after real zombie apocalyptic realistic survival FPS , but I have yet to play it so I cant confirm jut yet. Im planning to buy Arma 2 for me and a few friends at the end of the year and play through it then, even better as it will have more updates and fixes by then, but that’s when I will make my verdict (And I will have a large post on how it lives up to my expectations of the zombie survival game Ive always wanted). Here is a deep trailer about why this is so different, so realistic, so much like the game of my dreams I think im going to love it!

 
What else is there? That’s right!, I finished amnesia last time I got a bit of free time, and from my experience , is was one of the best single games Ive played. Truly the scariest game Ive played… ever. BUT, hear me out, so many people play the first few levels and stop playing because its too scary… THAT WAS ME AS WELL. So when I came back out to it, I discovered that its actually the most scariest at the start! After a while through the game, you get used to how the monsters work, you get used to how to run, hide and you can even sneak around within meters of monsters once you get used to it. This game is not too hard; you get better at it and… I guess that makes it less scary, but all the more fun! So those who think its too scary and not fun enough at the beginning, I WAS LIKE YOU, please, keep trying and you will see that it will get much more funner and less scary (STILL PRETTY DAMN SCARY THOUGH) than at the beginning. I believe this is partly due to the little amount of space you have to move in the first few levels with the monster, and how you are subjected to them without any knowledge of how to survive. But after a while, you will get used to it, and then it becomes fun and challenging scary rather than shit my pants scary.

 On Another note, I love the fanart for Daniel (guy you play as in Amnesia), its kinda what I though he looked like, but this fits his character so well.

This guys is hotter than pancakes!

I also played Justine, but had one problem. This DLC IS HARD! You cannot save, if you didn’t know already and the monsters one hit you, BUT not only that but they get wayyyy harder to avoid in the later levels, especially the water one, AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT if you DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO IN ALMOST NO TIME AT ALL, YOU WILL DIE. That’s the thing of Justine, it’s too challenging, and punishes you heavily for relying on trial and error, which is basically what you need in order to survive in Justine WITHOUT THE SAVE. So I ended up using a guide, because it is too hard, but when I did… I STILL FOUND IT HARD, RUSHED AND ADRENEILINE FILLED. Maybe that’s the point, but heed my warning!!! This DLC is hard and not like the full game, be warned and tread with caution, don’t be afraid to use a walkthrough before you get too frustrated to continue.

And as Cleft pointed out, there’s a sequel coming out, I am very excited and cant wait to play it as well. The only problem is it feels like it will be less scary, Why? What scared me most in amnesia was the torture chambers, this is because they were realistic. These horrid things actually happened to people and seeing them almost made me puke, and imaging me in them scared the pants out of my shit. Soooo, now we have a new game, that themes around killing pigs… how is that going to be more scary than torturing HUMANS?!?!? I cant relate to pigs, but I CAN relate to humans. Oh well, ahahahahah AHAHAHA, and this is why it’s going to be all so more exciting, I’m itching to see what they come up with to make this truly frightening.

Scary? We shall see!

With gaming, it also seems I have been able to get my hands on a Dota 2 beta key. This is extremely recent, and as a Game im looking forward to, Im mega happy. Personally, Im going to see if I can get some basic skills before it realises officially. But I’ll give ya my verdict on this in a few days, which I still should have some free time and played a decent amount of it.

 NOW ONTO SOME ANIMATION.
As playing games can take up to hours and hours, Ive been spending few blocks of my spare time watching cartoons and anime. Starting off with anime, I got round to finishing Full Metal Panic!? Fummouffu, which is probably the funniest anime ive seen, The comedy is golden so any other anime lovers reading this should check it out.

Another Anime (not full metal panic, forgive me for the typo) I have also started to watch is Clannad. This is said to be the most depressing and saddest anime created to date. Im only 10 episodes in where it hasn’t even got into anything near its dramatic climax and I can confirm this. Its already depressing me… in a good way. I love sad things that make me cry, just ask all the ninjas I blame for cutting onions on my desk. This anime ts turning out to even possibly top my all time favourite of Angel beats. As Im only half way through, I cant make any fair judgements and will give you my full review of this in a few days along with Dota 2. But like I said, so far this is amazing.

Fuko-chan.... D":

And Now, Ive saved the best news to last, but Promise me you will not make any bias judgements, read it til the end. I’ll put it especially in points so you can easily understand what I’m saying, If you haven’t yet promised to be unbias, don’t read on.




















 So you’re going to be accepting and unbias?, even for a minute? Awesome. So, What is all this, well, recently, Ive found a new love, although not as much as my love for anime, manga and games. Ive done what I sorta thought I might have ( as an internet otaku gamer, It seems like something I could appreciate) but still It happened…

Ive become a Brony, I Like My little Pony: Friendship is Magic


'Oh no, shock horror, kill me now before its too late?'.... No seriously, as promised, here are the points I want you to understand, to understand why.
  • The Truth, By My little Pony, I mean generation 4 Friendship is magic (latest one post Oct 2010) All the other generations were highly demographical to younger target audience, however this one is not as much. How so? Its produced by the game person who made the powerpuff girls, fosters home for imaginary friends Phineas & Ferb … I loved those shows not long ago (about 5 years maybe, before we cut foxtell). My little pony Friendship is Magic (FiM is what I call it now so there are no misunderstandings) Truly is different than what Im sure everyone hated about MLP before
  • Its fantastic, the writing is excellent, the animation is crisp, the music is great and the overall story has PLOT. That’s right, there are dragons, magic, evilness, and the themes, OH THE DARK MATURE THEMES (that I can appreciate from those long hard hours of English study); Here are some of the best examples I can give Image 1, Image 2, please look at how purely its themes make this show so much more mature and different from any other.
  • About the Plot, although I said its got Plot, its not the best. There are so many times where I personally think I could make a much darker, more interesting like anime with twists or something tear0jerking as well as insanely awesome. Sadly, its not an anime, and It depresses me as it will never have super awesome epic plot. I mean, it won’t even get close to Avatar the Last Airbender, which is the least of what I would want (avatar still had awesome plot, just Ive seen better… and darker plot in other animes I would prefer.). Even the villan fights end with the villain getting too cocky and ‘letting the others win’ instead of bloody getting serious and WIPING THE FLOOR WITH THEM. (see below my post on discord). Although the show is still good enough, there are some magic battles, and the mystery about the lore, twilights true power, celestia’s secrets and much more that I can appreciate and although its not the best, that’s why I still love anime and will just enjoy this show for its what it does best in a non-anime way.
  • The Fandom, the entire fandom and its huge diversity is ANOTHER AWESOME thing of this show. I mean, there are so many comics, animations, music (OH how I Love eurobeat brony, his music is some on my new electric favourites), communities (/r/mylittlepony has turned to be my most favourite subbreddit would you believe, partiull because r/anime has  a lot I don’t know abiyt, r/manga is a little underpopulated, and r/naruto is awesome, but not as popular as r/mlp) and the pure diversity, there is something for everyone, wither you like grimdark or dawwww , there is so much more I could go on about, but I’ll leave that for another day. In detail 
  • Grimdark, Well, I did say that I’ll leave this for another day in detail, so I’ll give it brief, One of my favourite fandoms of MLP is the grimdark. I love grimdark, If you know me, you know I Love dark themes, themes of death, destruction, sacrifice, violence and evilness. FiM doesn’t make use of as much, some animes do, But the Grimdark fandom is more than enough for me. I’ll go into detail much more later, with examples, be prepared, MUAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Discord, This GUY is one of my favourite villains. He’s super powerful, omnipotent, a troll and actually interesting with a deep backstory. He’s the villain of the second season’s pilot episodes and without spoiling too much, I can safely say he’s my favourite character in FiM, my favourite pony is another thing, but Discord is just too awesome. Any trekkies know about Q from Star trek?… well.. lets say Discord is his long lost cousin… who am I kidding HE IS VOICED BY THE SAME PERSON AS Q FROM STAR TREK. This is enough to see how awesome he is, and why he is one reason for watching this show alone. Discord, however, he never took the mane 6 (pun on 6 main cast and mane as pony hair) seriously and let them beat him. He could have wiped the floor with them, he could have conjured his dark powers and defeated the elements of harmony in one shot, HE COULD HAVE KILLED THEM IF HE WANTED TO. He did show us how he could bend the laws of nature, physics and order to his VERY WILL. He just wasn’t serious enough, and sigh, that’s because this is a kid’s show with lacking dark themes and too many safe themes like ‘the good guys always win’ blah blah. I don’t care, Discord is best pony!
  • My Favourite Pony? I have already said discord was my favourite Character, but who is my favourite pony? We’ll, I’ll be stright its Pinkamena Diana Pie. BUT, this is not the normal pinkie pie, this is her dark psychopathic split personality yandere side that ive fallen in love with (and I love Yandere’s, If my love for grimdark and dark themes wasnt an obvious indication in the first place). However, the side that I love most only exists in the grimdark fandom, but my favourite overall canon-wise is Pinkie Pie. She crazy, funny, odd, just like me, I can somewhat relate if that’s the best way to describe it, and honestly, I enjoy her being on the screen, even if it’s a comic relief to ruin the half done over plot that feels like a wasted potential, so whoop, whoop. In a sense, she still is Pinkamena , as she DID come out crazy In my favourite episode; Party of One, in which pinkie shows her true colours of insecurity and craziness, which in an argument I had lead me to prove how it relates to psychotic behaviour… and makes me love Pinkamena so much More. Pinkie Pie has much character depth to me, I can relate to her, I love both her sides and she is very similar to my own divided personality of psychotic behaviour and joyful craziness (which I’d rather not discuss right this instant). So She is my favourite pony, Discord is still my favourite character, unless he doesn’t return at all (due to lazy plot) and Pinkamena comes out  more… murderous in later episodes and plot, maybe in a battle, that would be cool. But split personality psychopaths that get strong and have epic battles with the villains only exist in anime (Marri Nikki, I’m looking at you)

Pinkamena/Pinkie Pie

And, That’s enough for today. I hope you can see why I love My little pony with those few, I can expand and explain in greater detail later on. But for now, if you love it, great, but if you don’t, don’t hate, everyone has differences. I can argue to my death the very complexities of psychological dementures and philosophical aspects of both objective and subjective opnions in the sense of favouritism, diversity and integral differences of the human intercept. But I’d rather not. Accept me for who I am, I mean, My names fricken Joyduck, as If that wasn’t a clear enough indication that I don’t give fucks about what people think of me.

But for those who do care, for those who do read, for those who don’t hate me and for those who have followed this blog for a while. Thank you, Thank you so much. Me and Cleft cant describe how awesome it is to blog and have people enjoy reading, even if we are inactive or not very personal sometimes, and even if we are not professional at all. I mean, I write what I’m thinking, I don’t actually waste time making sure my posts are politically correct, professional or unbias, its my post, and that’s what Im here to bring to you. This is not a news site, this is an opinion blog, we love it and we love games/anime. But most of all we love you, please, stay with us to the end!...

Well, at least the end of this year, because I have HEAPS of fun stuff planned, tonnes, and it doesn’t just involve us, but it involves YOU. Ive been thinking of ideas and when I finally finish year 12, Why shouldn’t we host some….competitions? That’s right, I don’t care if only a few people read this blog, one or 2 is enough, all the better for you, If I have a competition in future (which is most likely my plan), of an awesome game and only 2 dedicated followers enter, then they both have a 50% chance of winning. Is that not awesome? (for whoever is reading this lol)

I don’t need popularity to have fun, personally, I value one moral above all

Loyalty 

Until then, thanks for reading (seriously, you deserve a medal reading all that), so see you in a few days! (also, forgive me for any typos or spelling errors, I try my best but like everyone else, Im prone to typological errors)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. awesome post! "Say Hello to my pony"....:D the best one

    ReplyDelete